There are a number of hits when you go searching for this problem, some of those workarounds may work better for you - this is just what worked for me.If you screw up your repository by following these steps, don't blame me.One thing I didn’t realize is how many people I know have done something similar.I’ve heard many tales of purpose-full breaks of 3 months to a year or more from folks I didn’t expect to have taken that leap.
I've got mine on my laptop, dev server, and production server, and all are (generally) up-to-date.
In short, I have had a series of great experiences that I would not have had I been toiling away at my day job this whole time. It is a privilege to be in a position where I can take this time for myself.
Still, I can’t help but feel a little antsy a third of the way through my time off.
It will remove the cached information about the problem directory from the working copy "cash-hash", and then restore it again with the actual information from the repository. here's how we check out a second copy of the relevant directory, and swap it in.
optionally then copying over any other corrupted files etc.
Once I’m there, I’m still not sure what I’m going to do. Exactly 6 months after I left Apple, I hereby declare #segdehabbatical over.